Andy Penkow is a unique and talented singer/songwriter from Sussex Inlet, NSW Australia, known for his country, americana, alternate and contemporary style of music.
Career highlights to date
. Nominated for a CMAA Golden Guitar award 2023 "Bush Ballad of the year" for "Ghostly Gums" (Walking Away)
. Winner of Best Bush Ballad 2023 at the Peoples Choice Awards Tamworth
. Winner of “Most Popular Male Artist of 2023” by Independent Country Music Association
. Winner of “Most Popular Music Video of 2023” by Independent Country Music Association
· Winner of 5 “Purple Guitars including 2023 Best Male Vocal and Best Album
· Winner of “Most Promising New Talent 2022” at the People’s Choice Awards, Tamworth
· Winner of “Most Popular New Male Artist of 2022” by Independent Country Music Association
. Andy has been nominated for multiple APRA AMCOS TSA SONGWRITER Awards
· Winner of “Australian Busking Championships 2019 – Gundagai”
Radio and Media
· 17 Top 20 singles on the "Country Songs Top 40 Australian Airplay charts” (including 8 #1 singles)
· “1993” and “Fallen Snow” both spent 16+ weeks on the Australian Country Top 40 Charts
. "Fallen Snow and Fireflies reached #1 on the Indie Nashville Radio Charts 2022 and 2023
· Latest album “Love, Lies & Dirty Dishes” debuted at #3 on the ARIA Australian Country Album Charts and #4 on the Independent Australian Album Charts (all genres)
“Love, Lies & Dirty Dishes” Spending 4 Weeks on the ARIA Australian Country Album Charts
· Two Top 5 Albums on the Official iTunes Country Album Charts, with “Love, Lies & Dirty Dishes” Debuting at #2
. 5 top 10 Singles on the AMRAP Metro and regional charts.
. 9 top 20 singles on the PlayMPE Charts.
A regular on CMT Australia, Music Network Charts (Top 30), Kix Fm, Triple M and ABC Country, Andy is a fan favourite performing across festivals, entertainment venues, hotels and cruises throughout Australia and the world. He studied music at JMC Academy and completed an advanced diploma in popular music and performance.
Andy has also been featured on Ian McNamara’s show on the ABC Macca all over Australia, Simon Marine ABC weekend show and Saturday Night Country with Beccy Cole.
In 2001 he appeared on the Australian Television show Pop Stars making it to the top 20.
Andy's EP "Chasing the Sun" was produced by ARIA and Golden Guitar winning producer and artist Shane Nicholson and was released on the 27th of July 2020.
Andy’s debut album Sad Love Songs was recorded & mixed by Rod Motbey and mastered by Steve Corrao at 'Sage Audio Nashville, TN, and was released in December 2018.
About Latest Album - Love, Lies & Dirty Dishes
Filled with 14 brand new tracks, consisting of modern, alternate and contemporary country hits, Andy's vocal talent is undeniable and its all too satisfying to watch how naturally his lyrics and music composition come together.
After the success of his previous EP “Chasing The Sun'', and taking out the award for Most Popular New Male Artist at the 2021 Independent Country Music Association Awards, Andy has been walking on cloud nine, appreciative of all the love and support he has received from both the industry and fans.
For this latest album, he has enlisted his good friend and highly acclaimed producer Rod Motbey from Tracking Dogs Studios. Speaking about the album, Andy said:
“I wanted to create an album where I could pour out my heart and soul and be truly proud. It’s an honest and raw reflection of who I am, and I tried to forget about all the white noise and just focus on the music. I am so grateful to share my story and showcase a part of my journey with the world. You can hear the 90’s rock influence coming through, there’s even hints of blues and soul, but it’s still country and a reflection of who I am as an artist.’’
Bookings & Management Enquires